I've been really sick the last two weeks, both schools I teach at are coming to an end (which means it's scramble time), combined with a lot of shuffling and moving going on around here, I'm getting ready to hit the video tutorials this weekend.
On the 3d news front for architectural designers, this is an interesting development:
iRhino3d - Share your insight and inspiration on the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
There is nothing like showing your designs and ideas in 3-D. Pan, zoom, and rotate with a tap or drag of your finger. The handy navigator lets you scroll through thumbnails, so you can quickly jump to any model you want. Load Rhino models from web sites, Google Docs, email attachments (iPad only), or from iTunes (iPad only). Save views as images for markup and emailing.
Never be without 3D, (iTunes App Store link) for almost less than a cup of coffee in Seattle.
- View any Rhino 3DM files from v1.0 thru 5.0.
- Browse thumbnails of the Rhino files on your device.
- Zoom, Pan, and Rotate very large models quickly, even on your iPhone 3GS.
- Stereo mode supported (3D glasses required).
- Download from any web server or Google Docs to the model library on your iPad or iPhone in minutes (usually seconds).
- Open 3DM files attached to an email (iPad only).
- Use iTunes to copy 3DM files directly to your iPad.
- Capture views for markup and emailing.
- E-mail 3DM files directly from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod.
Click here for more information.
I'm going to download it and give it a try - i just need a 3dm file to test it out with! My impressions will be posted once I give it a go.