Wow! First off, I want to thank everyone for a great first year (8 months actually) here at Method. It's been great seeing the response I've gotten here at my little corner of the web. I've had a lot of fun creating videos for you to help push your digital design skills further. As you've probably figured out, I want there to be a lot more good designers out there, so I'm going to do what I can to help make that happen.
I wanted to post some of the accomplishments of last year and share some of the highlights that I'm proud of. I didn't think so many people would visit, but so far you've proved me wrong.
Here's a quick snapshot of what was accomplished this year:
- Launched getmethod.com
- Created 14 training videos
- Over 6,000 visitors dropped by from all over the world
- Over 6,400 videos were watched
- Methodcast 8 was the most watched video - over 1,000 plays (SketchUp)
- Methodcast 6 was a close second place (Cinema4d)
- Methodcast 7 was third with over 750 plays (Bonzai3d)
- Created the 3d File Format Cheat Sheet - a PDF of shortcuts for program interoperability that you can help make even better (at the bottom of the page)
I have lots of plans for Method in the coming year. I'm happy that so many people find this stuff useful. Of course I'd love to hear what you want to see more of in 2011, so please let me know. By the way, there are several ways to keep up-to-date with what's going on here - we have the newsletter, the rss feed, the twitter feed and the Facebook page. Come by, say hi and stay tuned!
P.S. If you know of someone else who can benefit from my videos or other resources, please let them know by tweeting, liking, or emailing them! (links below)