I've been using Form*Z a lot the past 2 weeks and I have to say it's been an absolute joy. An update patch has been released today that adds a few things and fixed over a hundred issues:
- Many of the corrections address stability and improved memory management.
- The Axial Sweep tool now has the Scale parameter previously found in v6.
- The Trim/Spit tool now keeps the proper portion of the model.
- Display resolution slider now works with the Round tool.
- Importing a symbol library with the same name as existing component folder no longer fails.
- Certain SKP SketchUp v8 files now import properly.
- Export image now exports the proper view to eps/hpgl.
- Import and Export DWG/DXF improved.
- Multi Copy with Make Component fixed.
- Components can now be renamed easily.
- Clipping Planes in Shaded mode are more stable.
- The Template File preferences have a separate option of Layout projects.
- Controls for Layout Frames now highlight properly.
- Gutters work properly in Screen Size Dimensions.
The update installs from within the application so there's no need to re-download the whole thing from the FTP site this time.
This version is being released as an Update Patch. To access this update, run the previous formZ 7 Beta 8 (build 8441), go to the Edit Menu: Preferences: Updates, and click Check Now. Then follow the on-screen prompts.
I'll be posting some images of my latest project soon which were done completely in Form*Z and Renderzone so keep an eye out.