My favorite architectural modeler just keeps getting better:
We are pleased to announce that we have made an update to the Pre-Release version of form•Z 7.1 available for download! This version is being made available for testing and should be used with the normal caution associated with pre-release software.
Here is a list of the changes in the updated Pre-Release version of formZ 7.1:
- A variety of improvements have been made to Clipping Planes.
- Hide All Controls (from Key Shortcuts: Pick) now works properly.
- Move Perpendicular to Reference Plane is no longer disabled when the view is changed (via spin or pan/hand) while moving an object.
- The formZ file type icons are now correct on Windows.
- Status of Operands no longer changes from Delete to Ghost or Keep when using a Derivative Extrusion on a part of an object.
- Project File Info no longer crashes with certain files that contain unexpected data.
- A "perpendicular to surface" guide has been added when editing control points of NURBS surfaces. That is when clicking a control point to move it, a snap guide is shown that is perpendicular to the surface, through the control point. This allows the control point to be easily moved closer to, or further from, the surface.
- The Doodle rendering mode now works properly.
- Tool palettes can now be edited in Tool Manager even if Pop-up Tool Palettes On Hover is disabled.
- Drawing 2d walls with the circle 2 tool while snapping to the top of another circle no longer crashes.
- Dynamic creation of certain 3D walls containing arcs no longer hang.
- Drawing Arcs and Circles in certain files no longer crashes.
- 2 Click Pick now works properly when the Pick Topo level is set to Face or Curve.
Have a great weekend and make something great!