This video was produced by the folks over at AutoDesSys, the makers of bonzai3d.
If you're a SketchUp user interested in solid modeling, NURBS, specialized tools for architectural modeling and more, you should check out bonzai3d. This is a great update and of particular interest out of the 80 new tools are:
- The new interactive sun control palette (7:15 in the video)
- Billboards & underlays (10:00)
- Unfold tools - great for laser cutting to build analog models (15:50)
- 3d Print preparation analysis tools (19:15)
- Interactive section tools (23:00)
- Contour Doctor tool for fixing 2d contours used to create 3d terrain models (24:00)
- Component tools - replace components (26:00)
- NURBS tools (28:00)
You can download a PDF of the full list of new features, and you can download a 30 day trial of bonzai3d 3.0 here.