This is a great webinar by the folks at AutoDesSys showing the new capabilities of the subdivision surface tools in version 8 and how they can get you to organic 3d-printable objects pretty easily.
In this webinar we’ll show the power of form•Z’s subdivision modeling and 3D printing capabilities by walking you through a series of actual 3D printed projects modeled exclusively with subdivision tools and features.
In this session you’ll experience:
- Powerful subdivision modeling and how it can be used in your project workflow.
- Seamless conversion of subdivision models to NURBS or Quad Meshes.
- How the inherent quad mesh personality of subdivision objects lends itself perfectly to 3D Printing.
- How converting your subdivision models to NURBS adds an additional layer of flexibility to your design capabilities.
- The advantage of minimal time involved with analyzing and prepping the model for 3D printing due to the subdivision personality.